The Experimental Music & Digital Media program presents Cinema for the Ears – our concert of new electronic music and sonic art created by LSU students, faculty along with world-renowned composers. Works will be performed on the 92-channel loudspeaker array at the Digital Media Center Theatre. Be prepared for a unique and profound immersive audio experience.
Sonic Art Installations and Reception: 6:30 p.m.
Concert begins at 7:30 p.m.
With works by renowned Sonic Artists:
- Nina C. Young
- Jon Christopher Nelson
- John Young
- Pauline Oliveros
- Stephen David Beck
- Jesse Allison
- Elizabeth Knox
- Charles Gray & Chase Mitchusson
- Connor Underwood
Including special presentations on:
- Deep Listening and the Music of Pauline Oliveros
- Spectromorphology in the Music of John Young
- As part of the Red Stick FutureFest, there will also be an exhibition of Sonic Art installations and a reception preceding the event
- Hang Ups – Edgar Berdahl
- Aberrations of Focus – Jesse Allison
- Zen Garden – Bill Montgomery
- Re-Sounding Wild – Chase Mitchusson